Newcomer Information & Welcome
The Halifax & Region MFRC warmly welcomes you to your new community! We understand that postings are one of the unique challenges of the military lifestyle and we hope our resources will help ease your journey. With three sites to serve you in Halifax, Shearwater and Sydney, we have many programs and services for the entire family. From our Youth Centre located at 12 Wing Shearwater, to our state of the art daycare facilities, you’ll find something for everyone in the family at the MFRC. For more information about our services and newcomer information please download our Welcome Package.
FamilyNavigator.ca connects Canadian Forces families with local resources, tools, and information to support them with their unique circumstanceswhen it comes to:
- Supporting a family member such as a child with special needs, person with a disability, an elderly parent who requires extra support, or a Canadian Forces Member with an operational injury;
- Navigating mental health services;
- Finding childcare;
- Dealing with military lifestyle challenges;
- Coping with a diagnosis of a health concern; and
- Finding direction when you’re not sure who to call.
- Education & Schools
- Home & Rental
- Download Booklet