Military Employment Transition Program for Spouses (METSpouse)
At the Halifax & Region Military Family Resource Centre (H&R MFRC), we understand how challenging it is to fulfill your own employment goals when you are part of a Military Family and you are faced with frequent postings. A posting could also mean opportunity and we’re here to help you navigate that potential.
Whether you are looking for tips on where to find employment, how to improve your resume, information on training programs or developing a realistic career plan – we can assist.
In addition to our current Employment Support services, we are very pleased to announce our participation in a pilot project being offered by Military Family Services (MFS) and Canada Company (CC). The Military Employment Transition Program for Spouses (METSpouse) was created to address the need for a national employer network to accompany current local and regional services already being offered through MFRCs.
If you are a military spouse living in Halifax and region, and you are looking for employers who understand your life circumstances as a military spouse, the METSpouse program pilot may be just what you are looking for. Once registered, you will:
- Gain access to a closed LinkedIn group where you can connect with METSpouse Employer Partners and see upcoming employment opportunities
- Receive the bi-weekly Hot Jobs e-mail that will highlight the immediate hiring needs of METSpouse Employer Partners
- Be invited to in-person and online job fairs put on my employer partners
- Receive information on best practices for the METSpouse program and searching for employment as a military spouse
- Be among the first registered for the METSpouse online portal