Why become a member of the Youth Committee?
- Meet new friends
- Learn a new skill
- Give back to your community
- Have fun!
- Be part of a group
- Gain valuable work experience
- Provide input into youth programmin
Youth Committee members work with Youth Centre staff to plan and organize programs and events at the YC. Members gain skills in leadership, facilitating of programs, and more.
- To provide youth driven programs that are developed by youth for youth
- A commitment to involve youth in the planning and evaluation process
- Youth work in collaboration with the surrounding military community
- To provide leadership, knowledge and resources to develop lifelong skills
Members of the Youth Committee are required to volunteer monthly at Youth Centre programs and attend monthly Youth Committee meetings.
Our youth committee volunteers are recognized for all of their time and hard work that they dedicate to youth programming and other programs offered at the Halifax & Region MFRC. To recognize their efforts, the Youth Committee has a chance to earn Henderson Sweetman Youth Centre gear which is based on the number of volunteer hours they have accumulated.
Level 1 – 50 hours of volunteering: water bottle
Level 2 – 100 hours of volunteering: t-shirt
Level 3 – 200 hours of volunteering: buff
Level 4 – 300 hours of volunteering: hat
Level 5 – 400 hours of volunteering: hoodie
how to join
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Youth Committee, please contact the Youth Services Coordinator at 902-720-2168 or drop in to fill out an application form. Spaces are limited and Youth Committee members must be registered members of the Youth Centre. You can also fill out an online application: