The Halifax & Region Military Family Resource Centre serves military families, both regular and reserve force, living across Nova Scotia. Outreach is our commitment to offer information, education and services to CF families throughout the communities where our families live.
At times, we will offer special events or activities in some communities units are located, including, Truro, Pictou and Sydney.
For families living in Cape Breton, access to services can be sought through our satellite office located at the Sydney garrison in Victoria Park.
Some of the programs/services offered are:
- Information and Referral
- Emergency Childcare
- Community Information
- Welcome Packages (download)
- Family Separation and Reunion Resources
- Special Events and Activities
- Participation in community events
- Volunteer opportunities
- Periodic Warm Line Calls
- Static Information displays
Winter hours (September – May)
- Mon-Wed (9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
- Thursday (9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. / 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.)
- Friday (closed)
Summer hours (June – August)
- Mon-Wed ( 900 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
- Thursday (9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- Friday (closed)
- 1 Desbarres Street, Victoria Park
- Sydney, Nova Scotia, B1P 6Z2
Main Contact Number
902-563-7100 ext. (7107).
Support to Reservists
At the H&R MFRC, we welcome all reservists (class A, B and C) and their families. We are proud to offer most programs and services to them, especially during deployments. All deployed Reservists and their families will receive support before, during and after a deployment up to one year upon return in Canada and two years internationally.
We consider your family those who you care about including partner, spouse, child or parent. If you find a program or a service that you are interested in receiving, please contact us to inquire about your eligibility and availability at 1-888-753-8827 (toll free) or 902-427-7788.