What can the MFRC-IPSC Family Liaison do for you?
The Family Liaison Officer (FLO), is part of the Prevention Support & Intervention Services (PSI) social work team. Through the FLO, we provide support to CF families who have a loved one who has been injured or becomes ill while serving. Services include:
- Support for children, parents and spouses of the ill or injured member
- Assistance coping with the impact of the injury or illness
- Accessible emergency accommodations for the ill or injured member and the family
- Access to childcare during recuperation or to prevention and alleviate stress
- Assistance navigating through relevant programs and services.
- Aid in development of positive coping strategies
- Foster family peer support groups/networks
All services are free and confidential.
The FLO, located within the Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) in Windsor Park bldg WP114, is available Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm. After regular working hours and on weekends, emergency services can be accessed through the Family Information and Referral Services Team or the Duty Chaplain at 902-427-7788 or 1-888-753-8827.
Please visit the IPSC http://www.cmp-cpm.forces.gc.ca/cen/index-eng.asp for more information.
For more information about this service, or to learn more about support for yourself or your family, please contact Family Liaison Services at (902) 721-1030 or our FIRST members 24/7 at (902) 427 7788.