Get Connected with your MFRC – To help us serve you better, please fill out our Deployment Family Information form
MFRC Information Form (pdf)
Information Form (MS Word)
Separated for long periods over so many miles makes communication a fundamental necessity. You both need to know the other person is coping. It is an important part of keeping any relationship alive.
The Halifax & Region MFRC has e-mail/computers with Internet access available to the public 7 days per week. Haven’t used email before? Free e-mail orientation workshops are available at the H&RMFRC.
The mailing address for ships is:
SERVICE NUMBER, RANK, NAME
MESS (must be included)
HMCS (Name of Ship or local operation number)
Box 99000, STN Forces
Halifax, NS B3K 5X5
All letters and parcels being sent to and from the ship must have postage affixed, although service flights will be utilized when available.
All parcels sent to and mailed from the ship must have a properly completed customs form attached to them. This must include a detailed list of all contents, as well as the sender’s name, full address and telephone number.
Some items are prohibited and parcels may be returned to the sender if it contains any of the following items: (Check with the Halifax & Region MFRC before sending a package if you are unsure of any contents)
- Articles which can be viewed as obscene or immoral
- Compressed gasses (aerosol can, lighters, etc)
- Corrosive liquids or solids (bleach, acids, ammonia, etc)
- Flammable liquids or solids (lighter fluid, matches etc)
- Explosive items
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tobacco products
- Drugs and narcotics (including prescription drugs)
- Perishable items (fruit, vegetables, meat, etc)
- Liquids (unless packages according to Canada Post requirements)
- Battery-powered goods with the batteries in, strong magnets, dry ice
- Oxidizers (hair dye, adhesives etc)
If you need to contact a ship, unit or member in an emergency,
please contact the Halifax & Region MFRC at (902) 427-7788 or (toll free 1-888-753-8827).