Information for Command Team
We offer this section of our website to our partners in providing family support the various command teams. In making this information available we hope to make it easier for command teams to access information about the MFRC services that are available for their members’ use. We have attempted to format in a fashion that is logical and easy to use. It should serve both as a refresher for new members of command teams and as a guide in preparation for deployments to ensure a robust family support plan is in effect for your unit.
Strength Through Partnership with Command: We believe all military families are strong independent, resilient and resourceful. They have to cope with many unique and challenging circumstances, least of all the challenges that come with long deployments and postings. These challenges are then exacerbated by the fact they are usually far away from their normal supports, family, community and friends.
Leaders in Military Family Services, MARLANT, LFAA, 12 Wing and H&RMFRC have embraced the value and significant role families play in the welfare and well being of their Canadian Forces members. Recognizing their importance we work in partnership with Command to provide the member and their family with first hand information and an extensive array of services, programs and resources that address the social, physical and emotional needs of the family.
Building on the Strength of the MFRC
* We respond quickly, are agile and able to adapt creatively to all situations we can at times be much more agile than the military to address family challenges.
* We have roots in the community; in a changing military we represent continuity.
* We have established and trusting relationships with the families and members
* We know and understand the challenges as it relates to the community in which families live and how this relates to the unique CF challenges.
* We have incredible experienced trained staff and resources, available 24/7 access to information, emergency accommodations, funds, padre etc.
* We can help take the challenge of family issues off the Chain of Command. We are very effective at helping families support operational readiness, CO’s have reported fewer family related repatriations during deployments, less stress on CF member, reduced financial costs, improved morale and reduced stress on the family.
* We are a safe place where families can access programs, services and resources without fear of having a negative impact on the member’s career.
* We are a tremendous support to our communities and schools, providing education and resources.
* We are a professional and effective first point of contact for families
Contact 427-7788 for more information.