The Halifax & Region MFRC serves military families, both regular and reserve force, living throughout Central Nova Scotia and Cape Breton, as well as the Halifax Regional Municipality. Outreach is our commitment to offer information, education and services to CF families and to promote awareness of the Halifax & Region MFRC throughout the communities where our families live.
Making use of the internet and our toll free number (1-888-753-8827), we are able to connect individuals with much of the information and services they require, through MFRC programs and services, as well as connecting members and families to services in the community. At times, we will offer special events or activities in communities where families and units are located.
New to Cape Breton? Check out our Cape Breton Welcome
Support to Families Outside HRM
The Halifax and Region MFRC supports military families residing outside of the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) through Outreach Services. Outreach Services is committed to offering information, education, awareness and services to CF families in all of the communities we serve, including Central and Northern Nova Scotia and Cape Breton. We also encourage partnerships with military units and community organizations to ensure they have a better understanding of the unique challenges military families face.
Our Cape Breton site also offers information sessions, programs and activities for families in the Sydney area.
Some of the programs and services that Outreach Services can offer in your community include:
- Deployment Services
- Emergency Childcare
- Information sessions in outlying communities to families and community agencies
- Information briefings to military units and their families
- Social activities in local communities to connect military families
- Referral services to individuals and families to appropriate resources
- Volunteer opportunities
- Quarterly newsletter
- Periodic warmline phone calls to CF families
- Scheduled community visits
- Static information displays in key locations
- Participation in local community events
- Unit Family Rep’s network
For more information on the programs offered by Outreach Services or to register for an activity, please call our 24/7 Family Information & Referral Services Team at 902-427-7788 or our toll free number 1-888-753-8827.