Roles and Responsibilities of a Unit Family Rep
The UFR works one-on-one with CF members and their families especially when they face challenges that are associated with the military lifestyle. UFRs not only enhance support to military families, but promote a greater collaboration between units and the H&R MFRC. The UFR plays an integral role as an organizational ambassador by facilitating, promoting and referring military families to programs and services of the H&R MFRC.
- Preferred rank: LS/Cpl to Lt(N)/Capt
- Component: Regular/Reserve Force full time
- Familiar with unit and unit’s schedule.
- Ability to work independently and without a great deal of supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Support from Chain of Command to attend meetings, training and networking opportunities.
- Visibility within unit – UFR’s name/contact information is to be posted in a prominent area and they are to be the main point of contact for unit members.
- Act as an ambassador on behalf of the H&R MFRC:
- Act as a knowledgeable resource agent about H&R MFRC programs and services.
- Attend professional development training, workshops and meetings.
- Promote family activities/programs (circulate publications, articles and posters, maintain display board).
- Participate in selected activities (unit family day, H&R MFRC fundraisers, etc.).
- Provide services to families:
- Perform warm line calls as required.
- Promote family activities at the unit.
- Act as a referral agent.
- Promote family networks.
Provide support to unit:
- As directed from unit.
- Act as liaison between unit and H&R MFRC.
Perform various administrative tasks:
- Coordinate the completion of Family Contact Forms by members of unit – engage members during “in-routine”.
- Maintain a unit display board and literature.
- Submit periodic routine order entries as required.